The Gathering of Leaders first ever Virtual Gathering will be held Monday, August 17 – Wednesday August 19 as we tackle the following topic: Relationship and Evangelism in a Distanced World – Our usual habits of connection have been disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic, and many of the ways we are used to responding to Christ’s call to make disciples, share good news, and love one another are changing, too. What skills and gifts emerging from this change will strengthen the church to grow into the future? What are the new ways in which we are called to build holy, hope-filled, life-giving connections at a physical distance? What practical innovations for this time have led to new opportunities for evangelism and mission that will endure beyond the crisis?
In the true spirit of GOL, we are embracing the creative and working to make this Virtual Event as ‘un-zoom’ as possible. There will be a mix of Zoom time, phone calls, personal reflection, shared experiences, stetching and movement, and online community collaboration. The peer-learning you’ve come to know and love about GOL will be ever-present, but we have new agenda roles to explore including Case Study and Impact Panel events.
- Case Studies: Spend time in a facilitated small group workshop unpacking and exploring your own adaptive challenge from your own context.
- Impact Panel: Three participants will be nominated during the event by the other participants to share the unique and successful ministry they are working on that targets the theme.
- Walk & Talks: Continue Zoom conversations in the fresh air without video as you speak one-on-one with another participant on the old fashion cell phone.
- Theological/Theme Presentation: We’re collapsing the theological and the theme presentation into one, and incorporating bits of practical application as well. Our small group discussion will focus on questions written by this presenter.
- Homework and Basecamp: Throughout the event, we will be asking people to post and share thoughts and resources into an online community platform called Basecamp as a continuation of the face to face time. During the evenings, each participant will write reflections on the day that will become our opening litany the following day.
Because this is a new initiative for GOL, we are limiting the number of online participants to 30, and a wait list will be made available. We ask that each registrant commit to fully participating in each aspect of the event.
This event is only for Gathering of Leaders Participants and Invitees. Please login to complete registration.